Decorating & Furniture/Large TV in family room

I have a family room that I must place the TV on the wall next to a fireplace and possibly "corner it" however it is a big Sony WEGA 39" wide. there is only 46" of space in that corner and a window behind it.
Or am I better off putting it on some sort of a low console (long table) on a 90 degree angle to the chair and couch that must view it?
Thank You!

Dear Jeanne,
I am having a hard time visualizing the space. Are you able to send pictures or a simple floor plan? If you can please send to
I dont know if this is something you would consider but I found this TV mount that fits a standard 36" TV at this website.

Rachel Mallon

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book