Decorating & Furniture/Leather+Country French

Hi, we are purchasing a brand new home.  We are using tuscan colors/golden/sage/persimmon/tan but want to go country french in the kitchen/dining room/great room.
We just purchased some medium dark leather furniture and still need to buy living room tables/dining room/kitchen set.
I'm leaning toward french country/maple furniture/ladderback chairs, not too light, like pine, medium finish with plank top table, rush seats.  We would like to use similar tables but not sure, I know you have said not to use all the same tables, break them up for continuity.  Any suggestions on cocktail table, end table, sofa table, entry table?  We are probably going to go white/offwhite/wood in the kitchen.

I think carrying the French Country feel would necessitate using a distressed natural maple OR a shabby chic version (distressed) of off-white.  You may consider using a natural maple coffee table and distressed white/off-white end tables.  Entry table - I'd opt for the maple.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology