Decorating & Furniture/Lighting

We bought our home a few yrs. ago and we love it, except for two, is we have a lot of trees surrounding our property so we have poor natural lighting in most of the house. Any suggestions on how to bring in more light?  Also, we have a very small bathroom which I hope to expand in the future, but for now, any suggestions as to how to make the most of the space we have and what colors work best?  Thanks a bunch!and have a great day!

Dear Trisha,
     It is hard to say what type of lighting and colors would look best without seeing your space. I would love to see pictures to give you the best options. Send pictures to

Rachel Mallon

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book