Decorating & Furniture/Living Room

Question
My living room is completely empty now that my girls have moved out.  I donated all of the furniture to them for their first apartments.

The floor space of the room is 18'x15'. One wall of the 15' walls is actually only 11' wide because the entrance into the hallway is there.  The full expanse of that wall is used up by a fireplace and an adjacent bookshelf.

I want to create a casual setting in the living room. I need an idea on how to integrate a 7' sofa, 2 wing chairs and a 3'x5' dinette and chairs into the space I have available.  Can you help?

Answer
Think out of the box and arrange your sofa to face the fireplace, the wing chairs angled in toward the fireplace (closer) and then create the dinette in the opposite end of the room.  If that feels too cramped, have the couch at one side of the fireplace facing the chairs (opposite the couch).  

The use of area sized rugs will help delineate the space.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik