Decorating & Furniture/Living Room

Hey. Well I am moving into a new home and have purchased some cozy leather sofas they are a dark wine color and I don't know what color tables to get for them. Would Darker or lighter be best? And what colors would best match? Theme? Thank you. =] Thank you for your time.

Hi Jennifer

I don't think there really is a right and wrong to this but my personal preference is light.

If I was building a living room colour scheme around dark wine sofas I think I would go with a palette of colours - dark wine, cream, really bright pink and a more neutral colour that is similar to the wood you have - let's say oak as an example.

Brighten up the sofa with a selection of cushions and pillows in different patterns but all using the colours from your palette - pink and wine stripe, cream, pink and wine floral and maybe a geometric pattern that includes all the colours.  

If you want to have a go at making the covers yourself, this page might help:

If one of your fabrics is a big, bold pattern and you have a plain wall in the room, you might like to consider a fabric wall panel as a cheap and easy option:

Kind regards

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit