Decorating & Furniture/Living Room

Question
Hey. Well I am moving into a new home and have purchased some cozy leather sofas they are a dark wine color and I don't know what color tables to get for them. Would Darker or lighter be best? And what colors would best match? Theme? Thank you. =] Thank you for your time.

Answer
Hi Jennifer

I don't think there really is a right and wrong to this but my personal preference is light.

If I was building a living room colour scheme around dark wine sofas I think I would go with a palette of colours - dark wine, cream, really bright pink and a more neutral colour that is similar to the wood you have - let's say oak as an example.

Brighten up the sofa with a selection of cushions and pillows in different patterns but all using the colours from your palette - pink and wine stripe, cream, pink and wine floral and maybe a geometric pattern that includes all the colours.  

If you want to have a go at making the covers yourself, this page might help:

http://www.decorating-vacation-property-for-profit.com/do_it_yourself_cushion_co

If one of your fabrics is a big, bold pattern and you have a plain wall in the room, you might like to consider a fabric wall panel as a cheap and easy option:

http://www.decorating-vacation-property-for-profit.com/Textile_Art.html

Kind regards

Andrea

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston