Decorating & Furniture/Living room and Kitchen Paint on Walls?

Question
Ok ive never really remodeled anything and im starting with my living room and kitchen in my home.  Ill start with the question about the living room.

My furniture is 2 sofas and a chair that is Beige leather and a DARK burgundy Glider Chair.  My tables are dark wood and my curtains are dark burgundy with a beige lining.  I was wondering what color I should shoot for for the walls and then what color for the moldings.  

KITCHEN:
I am doing a Italian theme for my kitchen with a lot of herbs and the rustic look with my fixtures.  I was wondering what color on the walls would be best and then what color for the moldings for that theme.

Answer
OK, let's start with the living room.

I think you need something to bring together the beige and maroon that you already have.

Something like this fabric:

http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=5b15c8d6-34d7-46fa-b6da-dc869

would do that but something else with the same basic colouring would do the same job.

Use this fabric to make a couple of pillows for your sofa:

http://www.decorating-vacation-property-for-profit.com/do_it_yourself_cushion_co

and a simple wall panel:

http://www.decorating-vacation-property-for-profit.com/Textile_Art.html

You can take your wall colour inspiration from the fabric.  You should probably steer clear of anything too dark but the background is a lovely shade of slightly pinky cream and you also have a lovely pale green.  Depending on how brave you are with colour, it would look good if you used something like the very palest possible pink or green on three walls and then painted the remaining wall in a stronger shade.

For the kitchen a lot will depend on your personal taste but I think you should be looking either at cream and olive green or the rich, warm orangey-terracotta colours.  With either of these, cream trim would be better than white.

Kind regards,

Andrea

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston