Decorating & Furniture/Living room/Kitchen

I have black leather furniture and mostly black accents (picture frames, rug, etc...) I also have hard wood floors in my living room.  I was thinking of painting my living room a darker red with ivory trim.  Also, I have a bar between my living room and kitchen and was thinking of painting my kitchen grey.  

I wanted to get your opinion on how this would look or any other color suggestions you may have.

Dark red is a great color, it will look beautiful. But grey wont really be able to compete with red. Because you are using such live colors you should continue with that only. So I suggest you to go with purple or may be a lighter shade of red

Decorating & Furniture

Sarthak Bartaria

Ask me anything that concerns the way you should design the interiors so that that they improve the ambience of your house. I can very well help you out with the ways you should use those furnitures which you thought were useless. Ask me before throwing anything from your house, may be I can help you use it better

I am in this business since past 3 years in Mumbai, India. I have a personal firm where we help people with the interior decorations of their house and offices.

Dimploma in Interior Designing from the National Institute of Designing