Decorating & Furniture/Living room furniture arrangement

Question
I have a rectangular living room.  Picture a shoe box with the small ends on top and bottom.  The top wall is all windows; the bottom wall is the only one for the entertainment center; the left long wall has the doorway and bar opening to the kitchen, then the opening to the dining room; the right long wall has the front door smack in the middle with windows going from the door to the top and bottom short walls.  Is there a way to have a seating area.  I have my couch in front of the top windows, which is far across the room from the t.v.  But if I bring it closer, one comes right in the front door in the middle of the seating area.  Any suggestions?
Thanks

Answer
Hello,
Why not downsize the furnishings?  Instead of a couch, use chairs or a smaller loveseat?  Its sounds as if the front door should take priority...give yourself room to move about based on this location.  

Second option:  Flip the room!  OR  if its wide enough where you have 36" of walkspace, use one of the long walls for the entertainment center and sofa.  Lay your room out on paper with exact measurements to ensure you've given yourself as many options as possible!

Good Luck!
Alicia Valair, CID, CKD, Allied Member ASID  

Decorating & Furniture