Decorating & Furniture/Living room paint colour

Hi Benjamin,

I am having a lot of trouble picking a colour for my living room. The couches are leather,  pumkin orange. The lazy boy is dark pine green. The cushens are bold colours like, royal blue, deep red, deep green and deep yellow. The furniture is black and the floor is a grey, black, pickish marble. The fire plpace is dark grey with hints of the same pinkish colour that's in the floor. The end tables are black and glass.  I hate the floor but I can't change it nor can I get new furniture. I have no idea what colour to use on the walls cause there are so many different colours in the room already. Please help me.

Thanks for writing,

I suggest you pick out one of the colors in your cushions to pull everything together. If you dont' want that much color, use one of those colors as an accent color on one or two walls and paint the rest a neutral cream or tuape. It sounds like the domenent color is a grey, so get a paint with a grey tint in it. The person at the paint staoe should be able to help a lot with this. You can get any color with a grey tint to it, it is just being able to see it.

Good luck.

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell

I can answer any questions on interior design including color, room arrangment, floor and space planning, lighting, fabric, furniture, and where to buy home decorating products.

Residential design and Architecture as well as landscape design, visual merchandising, and sales.

College graduate