Decorating & Furniture/Living room wall painting

Question
I'm having a hard time to find a color for my living room. I have black lather sofa and chair-recliner, green with brown area rug, which my wife wants to get rid of, and 42" silver projection TV and 2 end tables pewtered iron and glass. I have light hardwood floor and silver spotlights on the celling. Also, there are a couple of plants on tables and two iron candleholders on the wall. We have beige vertical blinds. Now my walls are off white and super white celling. Everytime we come back from vacation, we feel that room is too white. Please help!

Answer
It sounds as though you love color but are afraid to use it on your walls.  Fear not - it's only paint.  Paint is the most economical way to make a huge impact and/or change in a room.  Don't skimp - buy good paint, and a good paint company unless you're doing it yourself.

Sneak up on "color" by painting your walls (and I'd do the ceiling the same) in Toasty Grey (it's actually a shade of taupe) from Glidden Paints.  It will do wonders for your room, will work well with what you have going on, and may just encourage you enough to choose a bolder, darker color for the next room.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik