Decorating & Furniture/Lsrge room dilema

I have a very long living room/dining room combination. I don't know how to to really decorate it since there are such lomg side walls. There are t floor to ceiling windows in the front.The room runs the width of the house and to top it off is covered with tonge and groove ceilings and walls. I try to use the front part as a kind of semi-formal living room and the back as a dining room. I will accept any tips on color, style etc. HELP!

Dear Stephanie,
   I just have a few questions before I can give you advice on color options.

1.) What are you wanting to add color to?
2.) What existing colors and furniture finishes do you have if you are keeping anything?
3.) What color is the wood of the ceilings and walls, or do you want to paint it?
4.)Where are doors and windows located?
5.)What colors are in the rest of the house and what are some colors that you think would look nice?

I will be sending you computer generated images of your space so if you can think of anything else please let me know. If you would like to give me your email address that will help as well. Thank you.

Rachel Mallon

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book