Decorating & Furniture/Mahogany doors and floor

Question
Hi Andrea,
Our house has really nice internal mahogany doors, massive, quality items, but... it creates a dark atmosphere in combination with existing mahogany floors. My question is: if we want to keep the doors and not paint them over (I would not be able to live with myself if ruined them) and replace the floors, which wood/ colour would you recommend for a lighter feel?

thanks so much

Answer
It really depends Xenia what kind of floor covering you prefer.

If you are trying to add a bit of warmth and light, you may want to consider a light coloured carpet - biscuit, beige, oatmeal.

I think this would be my preferred option as I am not a big fan of mixing different types of wood.

Kind regards,

Andrea

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston