Decorating & Furniture/Making a room more feminine

Our living room is more of a rectangular space than square. We have a beautiful oak hutch with glass that has pictures on top as well as glassware and silver inside for display.  It's a beautiful piece. Our couch is a clay sectional, very soft and comfortable, with suqare cushions , that have green & brown squares on it.  We have a dark wood square coffee table with a glass middle.  The bottom level is brown leather and woven.  There are two matching woven leather cubes.  We have one large window with light sage green treatments.  We have two pieces of art on the wall that are matching in thematic color.  We also have a huge 61 inch television in the corner.  Our carpet has very neutral colors.  We worked very hard to pick out the furnitire and window treatments, but it's so masculine.  All of the rooms are pretty masculine, but I'd like to start with this one.  What would you recommend adding to make this room more feminine?  We have crown molding up and are going to paint in the spring.  For now the walls are white.  

Dear Naomi,
   You can add more feminity by adding more curvilinear decor. For instance curtain rods and vases. Add some red tones in the room and round mirrors can look nice. If you would like some more specific ideas than please email me pictures to

Good Luck,
Rachel Mallon

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book