Decorating & Furniture/Maple Cabinets Now What ?

Question
Hello, I really need your help with my kitchen remodel. I have purchased Mills Pride Natural Maple Cabinets and oil rubbed knobs.The counter top I have ordered is Formica Butternut Granite. This is where I am stuck, I don't know what to do with my floor and backsplash, I was thinking tile but dont know what color or type,also I need a paint color,I like earthtones but I am open to anything. My kitchen is 1950's before remodel. Kitchen measures 13x8 feet with 8 foot ceilings all new white appliances ,large window over sink.The rest of my house is earthtones with dark oak flooring.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
I'd probably suggest tile for both the backsplash and flooring areas.  Opt for the 16" square tile for the floor (all manufacturers make this size) and use either a similar color shade to your granite OR a darker shade (but in the same color family).  You may want to consider a terra cotta shade like "nutmeg" or "cinnamon" since you tend to lean toward the earthy side of the color wheel.  

Jenny  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik