Decorating & Furniture/Maple cabinets, maple trim, -- paint color??

Question
Our house is 2 years old and we still haven't figured out what color to paint our kitchen walls.  We have maple cabinets that go to the ceiling and maple colored trim throughout the house.  We have Mannington Sistina 41096 (Canyon Sunstone) vinyl flooring in the kitchen and the countertops are a Greenish/Gray color called Galvan 4678-60.  The backsplash is also maple wood too.  Our carpet in the house is a Moss Green color (very earthy toned.)  I made valances with red/green/cream stripes in the kitchen/living room because the kitchen is decorated with red/green apple decorations.  I was thinking of using red, but with our dark carpet in the room next to the kitchen, it seems too dark.  I'm leaning towards neutral tones of beiges or grays, or maybe a nice green color, but didn't want to feel as if we have too much green.  The biggest problem is figuring out the color since the trim we have is a light maple color.  Any suggestions?

Answer
Since you're already invested in red/green/cream, I'd opt for either a shade of red, or a shade of green for the kitchen.  Red will naturally be a warmer tone, while green is a cool tone.  You do not have to go "pure red" or "pure green" either.  There are many shades of both colors that will blend in.

Look toward the "cranberry" shades of red, and stay in the "mossy" shades of green.  

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik