Decorating & Furniture/Master Bedroom walls

We just moved into a house that is leterally a clean slate - it was a remodel that we are finishing.  We are just putting up the drywall, and the master bedroom is the big object of debate.  I like a light green on top, white on the bottom, but, my husband want the whole house to be neutral colors (browns, tans, etc)what colors would you suggest for a small master bedroom to give it a larger feel and a welcoming feel?

Without getting between you and your spouse, you may want to consider using a "neutral" shade of green (top and bottom) for the bedroom and let him have his "taupe" (rather than tan) elsewhere in the house.

PS:  Dividing up a wall (green top, white bottom) makes a room feel shorter, squattier (is that a word?) and I don't think you want to do that in your bedroom.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology