Decorating & Furniture/Matching Wall Paint with Furniture

Question
I recently moved into a one bedroom apartment and purchased dark wood (wenge) lving room and dining room furniture.  What type of wall color would balance the dark colors of the furniture?

Answer
Hi Allen;
The simple answer would be to tell you to pick cool colors in the blue and green tones, such as sage. However, since I am not a simple person, but a designer, I would like to know what else you have in these two rooms? Do your dining chairs and or living room furniture have any fabric on them and if so, what colors?
Are there any other items in the room, such as a fireplace surround, drapes or area rug & the color of these?
Do you have an 8',9' or 10' ceiling height?
Do you want to keep this room rather traditional or are you up for something a little edgy?
I'll look forward to getting your details so that I can assist you in making your place look fantastic.
Thanks,
Lora

Decorating & Furniture

Lora Mac Alistaire