Decorating & Furniture/Matching Wall Paint with Furniture

I recently moved into a one bedroom apartment and purchased dark wood (wenge) lving room and dining room furniture.  What type of wall color would balance the dark colors of the furniture?

Hi Allen;
The simple answer would be to tell you to pick cool colors in the blue and green tones, such as sage. However, since I am not a simple person, but a designer, I would like to know what else you have in these two rooms? Do your dining chairs and or living room furniture have any fabric on them and if so, what colors?
Are there any other items in the room, such as a fireplace surround, drapes or area rug & the color of these?
Do you have an 8',9' or 10' ceiling height?
Do you want to keep this room rather traditional or are you up for something a little edgy?
I'll look forward to getting your details so that I can assist you in making your place look fantastic.

Decorating & Furniture

Lora Mac Alistaire

Though I don't personally design furniture, I have made a few new pieces over the years, out of things that have been thrown away. In other words, I like to take something old and give it new life...

Owning my own Design and Painting company, I've had the pleasure of helping people realize their "Dream Rooms". In other words, after asking them a few questions about favorite places or a certain "Feeling" they want to have while in the room, I can then take those ideas and create a room that will bring years of enjoyment.

AA in English I'm fascinated by color and how it can impact your life, so I've taken quite a few classes over the years dealing with color