Decorating & Furniture/Matching Wood in Kitchen

Question
I have light pine kitchen cabinets that are just plain with no detail on them whatsoever. And also a multicolored corian (browns/neutral/) countertop.... I also have appliances that are smooth black finish. The walls are a med. beige color, which I would also like to change.  We have purchased a table and chairs which are a darker, deeper pine with a stone/wood combination top.  My question is when purchasing a table for this kitchen should I have gone with the same color of wood as the cabinets?  Should I bring in some black to match the appliance for example black with wood. I love my kitchen, and I am not sure if this table works?  I need a second opinion.  I appreciate your input.

Answer
Bringing in a touch of black is good. It can be something as simple as candlesticks (iron).   You don't have to match woods - particularly built ins versus tables.  

Sounds as though the best thing I can recommend to you is that you paint your walls in a beautiful color that you love.  What jumps to my mind is a warm nutmeg shade to "spice" up the beige.

:>)Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik