Decorating & Furniture/Matching the furniture

Question
Dear Ms.Wojcik
I have a problem and need your expert opinion.
We are moving to a new large townhome and space permits us to buy a Grand Piano, something I've been wanting for a long time. I bought one and it is Mahogany, but all my dining & living room furniture is Black & Grey and Beige contemporary pieces (something I bought 5-6 years ago and probably would not buy now, but have to deal with at this point)I have an option of getting black Grand Piano, but I love Mahogany so much!
My question is: is there a way to combine it all together? I am wiling to buy more furniture, as I only have one sofa for the living room. It's kidney shape piece in black and grey colors. We are putting in new hardwood floors and as I mentioned the place is big.
Do you think it's totally out of question to have Mahogany piano?
I would appreciate any advice.
Thank you for your time.
Faina Monastyrsky

Answer
The mahagony one will be fine.  You really are purchasing a focal point for the space, and if you are concerned about coordinating, then add a piece of mahagony somewhere else in the room.  It can be anything from a small table to a shelf, but will show "intentionality" and make you happier too.

Regards
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik