Decorating & Furniture/Matching living wall color to new furniture

Hi Jenny.

We just purchased a beautiful sofa, loveseat and chair made of Italian leather in lite orange, lite green, and lite yellow. The section looks wonderful, tropical and bright. However, we are not sure what color(s) to paint our walls in the living room.  We'd like to do this prior to the furniture's arrival. What do you suggest.  BTW, we have laminate flooring lite oak in color.  My walls are currently a soft beige. Neutral.

Thanks for your help.

I would select one of the couch colors (your favorite one) and paint the walls in that color.  My first inclination is the green, but you may prefer a more feminine approach (yellow or melon).  

Purchase an area rug in the same shade as the wall color for a very coordinated look.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology