Decorating & Furniture/Material for floorcloth

Hello, Can I purchase canvas or whatever it is that is already to paint.  I have used old material that needed to be painted with some white stuff. I have forgotten the name.  Thanks for any help.  I have done a couple and given them to my daughter and grandaughter. Havent done any for a couple of years now.  Thanks again,  Nancy  

Hi Nancy,

You can purchase preprimed canvas at the craft store that is ready to be painted and hemmed. It is by Fredrix and is actually called floorcloth canvas. I've seen it at Michaels and Hobby Lobby.

Let me know if you need any help since it's been a while since you made one. The white stuff you referred to was probably gesso which is a thick primer.

Angie Nelson

Decorating & Furniture

Angie Nelson

I can answer questions on designing and making your own floorcloth and which areas of your home/office/work space are and are not suitable. I have used a variety of materials over the years and will recommend what I have found to be the best suitable for a lasting piece.

Past/Present clients
My clients range from manufacturer showrooms, interior designers, catalog companies and individuals from coast to coast.