Decorating & Furniture/Mauve Carpet

Yay! I'm so glad to hear that I can use yellow with mauve!  Thank you so much.  I will definitely check out the Glidden colors.  I do have a question. In the sentence: "It's a pale, buttery sumptuous color and unlike some yellows, looks great with a base coat and one."  Should there be more to that answer? It seems like you may have left off a word at the very end, after "base coat and one".  

I should have save base coat plus one (more coat.)  I've had folks select shades of yellow that required a base coat plus as many as 9 others to achieve the right color!  

By the way -- use a satin finish on your walls rather than a flat finish.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology