Decorating & Furniture/Mixing Black Leather Furniture & Room Colors

Hi there,

I'm in love with the modernist furniture of Le Corbusier, but before I plunk down some major cash for a black, leather sofa, I'd like to know if I am tying myself down on decorating options. If I go with black/steel furniture, what can I do to match the rest of my home short of painting the walls blood red?

I love the look of this furniture.  Don't be afraid that it will limit your options.  Although blood red walls would look cool you can also balance the drama of the furniture with other wall colors such as platinum, deep purple, dark taupe, or even white.  You will need some elements of drama in the room such as large artwork on the walls.  You also could do a funky paint technique using wide bands of color or undulating bands of color places slightly higher than center of the room.  This could be fun and a dramatic backdrop to your new sofa.

Happy Decorating, JoAnne Lenart-Weary
The Queen of Decorating  

Decorating & Furniture

JoAnne Lenart-Weary

I can answer anything that is decorating related. Wall and window treatments, color, furniture, placement, where to begin with a decorating plan, etc.

Almost 30 years as an interior decorator and 4 years of teaching professional workshops to other interior decorators/designers and interior redesigners. Board member for IRIS www.weredesign, founder of ODDAA (One Day Decorating Alumni Association) Weekly guest for ABC affiliate in Erie, Pa. Have also been on HGTV

Baby Talk Magazine
Many newspapers