Decorating & Furniture/Mixing Honey with Harvest oak furniture

Hi Sarthak,
I have Amish dresser and chest made of 1/4 sawn honey oak stain (reddish hue). I am planning to buy a bed and night stand in 1/4 sawn oak of Autumn Harvest stain(brown hue). Will this work? what if I bought 1 night stand in Honey oak as well? I want an interesting combination but sacred of a disaster.  

Hey Maha,

Well this could be a difficult one. There is a bit of a problem when it comes to contrasting wooden furnitures. Because I dont have image of your furniture I'll suggest you with what I can visualize.

If your dresser has a lighter shade then you may go with the brown bed and night stand, it will work but if your dresser has a dark and fresh color then contrasting would be a bit of a problem. Cause then it would seem more of a mismatch than a combination. It all depends on the freshness of the color in your dresser.

I hope I could help you out with something

Take Care

P.S: Maha if you want you can send me the pics of your furniture at, will help me understand better

Decorating & Furniture

Sarthak Bartaria

Ask me anything that concerns the way you should design the interiors so that that they improve the ambience of your house. I can very well help you out with the ways you should use those furnitures which you thought were useless. Ask me before throwing anything from your house, may be I can help you use it better

I am in this business since past 3 years in Mumbai, India. I have a personal firm where we help people with the interior decorations of their house and offices.

Dimploma in Interior Designing from the National Institute of Designing