Decorating & Furniture/Mixing Leather colors and furniture style

I am curious about adding a cane chair to a family room that has 2 very dark (appear black but are burgundy) leather love seats and 2 old-country, deeply toned oak end tables.  The cane chair looks like an antique with black wood and a light colored tan leather cushion.  The tan cushion appears to be a close match to the oak end tables.
Can I mix two different colors of leather in the same room?
Also, the cane chair's legs (tapered) and back are of a more ornate nature, whereas my end tables are more sturdy/country.
Thank you so much for your time and assistance,

The short answer Sallee, is that you certainly can mix your woods as well as your colors and styles.  To "tie" the disparity together, consider using a small pillow (same color as your sofa) in the chair.  Color unifies everything.

Best regards,

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology