Decorating & Furniture/Mixing Leather colors and furniture style

Question
Jenny,
I am curious about adding a cane chair to a family room that has 2 very dark (appear black but are burgundy) leather love seats and 2 old-country, deeply toned oak end tables.  The cane chair looks like an antique with black wood and a light colored tan leather cushion.  The tan cushion appears to be a close match to the oak end tables.
Can I mix two different colors of leather in the same room?
Also, the cane chair's legs (tapered) and back are of a more ornate nature, whereas my end tables are more sturdy/country.
Thank you so much for your time and assistance,
Sallee  

Answer
The short answer Sallee, is that you certainly can mix your woods as well as your colors and styles.  To "tie" the disparity together, consider using a small pillow (same color as your sofa) in the chair.  Color unifies everything.

Best regards,
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik