Decorating & Furniture/Mixing leather and traditional furniture

Question
We are in the process of buying a leather sofa and loveseat. Our room fairly large and we were thinking of doing a dark brown leather sofa and loveseat and then later adding an upholstered chair. We have traditional end tables that are cherry wood and we are keeping those. What are your thoughts about mixing a more modern leather sofa and loveseat with the traditional cherry tables? We are torn between two leather sofas--one is more modern and a little darker brown and the other is slightly more traditional and a little more chocolate brown. We don't know which would look better with our traditional end tables--help! Also, our room is painted in a sort of "putty" color. Thanks for your help!

Answer
I think either would be fine Kathryn depending on the overall look and feel of your room or home.

Are you trying to go for a modern look (with some jazzy bright cushions for example) or is the more traditional look of cherry tables really more your style?

Sofas play quite a large part in the furnishing of a living room so will quite influence the style of the room so I think the decision isn't really about the sofa as such but the style of the room as a whole.

Kind regards,

Andrea

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston