Decorating & Furniture/Modernism, Black Leather, and Making a Home Lovely

Hi there,

I'm in love with the modernist furniture of Le Corbusier, but before I plunk down some major cash for a black, leather sofa, I'd like to know if I am tying myself down on decorating options. If I go with black/steel furniture, what can I do to match the rest of my home short of painting the walls blood red?

My tastes are decidedly modernist, but I also have a soft spot for spartan, Asian design. What are my options? I really want to unify my entire new home along a central design line, and the Le Corbusier Petite series is probably going to be my focal point. Should I proceed with cuation, or go ahead and buy the sofa/chair set? But if I do, how can I make my home look good without completely going with a full, modernist look?

Dear Damon
If you love the look of le corbusier then I would definently buy it. This will give you a great starting point. Here are some links that might help you out and give you some ideas that will go with your new furniture.
If you like you can send me photos of your house and I can give you a better idea of what you can do.

I hope this helps you out,

Rachel Mallon

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book