Decorating & Furniture/Modular home colors

Question
Hello. I live in a "trailer" and want to redecorate a couple of the rooms. The kitchen has dark green countertops, oak colored cabinets, & green/grey and off-white checkered pattern floor tile & the dining room table is oak and green. The walls are a seafoam green right now and I desperately want to change them. The kitchen & L.R. are only separated by a half wall, otherwise they're basically one room. Should I just paint it all one color? I have oak hardwood flooring in the living room w/black leather sofas & oak furniture-the walls in there are like a pinkish color (the color was supposed to be burnt orange). Also my bathroom is very small w/ light green paint, and white cabinets w/ purple bathmats. I would like to paint this room yellow,but I'm not sure how it would look.I'm on a very limited budget because I'm having a baby soon and I plan to do the decorating myself. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Answer
I would suggest the color jersey cream from Sherwin Williams (SW 6379) throughout. It has a nice creamy color to it with more yellow tones than pink. This color will really brighten up the space and make it feel larger. If you want to go more yellow in the bathroom use this sample and match it with one or two tones darker. When purchasing this paint I would ask to have low or no voc (volatile organic compounds). This will decrease the amount of off gassing. You have a small space and a new baby on the way, you don't want to be breathing in harsh chemicals. Hope this helps and congratulations on the new baby.

Rachel Mallon
rachelmallon@gmail.com

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID