Decorating & Furniture/Molding/Trim Color

We have just installed oak harwood floors that are a dark cherry color.  The existing trim/doors/cabinets are pine/birch stained to light cheery color.  We need to replace the trim and need to decide on a color.  Same light cheery?  White?  Same as floor?  

The answer is that you could use any of these successfully.  Decide what overall look you want and then decide on the trim.  If you like continuity and a clean uncluttered look, then vote for "same" color as the floor.  If you like contrast, or are more traditional in styling, choose white.  If you like the look of the light cherry and just need to replace some of it, then do that.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology