Decorating & Furniture/Molding

Question
Benjamin,

I am interested in what you call molding that is about 12 inches from the top of the ceiling. I do not want to put in a chair rail (it is the bedroom) or do wainscoting, but like the look of molding on the wall and plan to paint the separated areas different colors. What is this called and what is the accepted distance from ceiling to molding. Thanks!  

Answer
Tanya,

Thanks for writing.

It is simply called molding and comes in thousands of diffrent designes. Some people even put strip lighting in them which illuminates the ceiling.

I suggest petting it 12-18" from the ceiling and most often a different color from the wall color is started there and brough up into the ceiling to give the room height.

Good luck.

Ben

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell