Decorating & Furniture/Moving north

Question
We have lived in Florida for 2 years and are now moving back to the Midwest.  I have a dark olive couch and loveseat and have accesorized with tropical decor.  Moving north I don't want to do that and I still have burgudy rose pictures and window scarfs,etc.  Some of the accessories I also have are baskets and shelves in a dark wicker.  Would that look stupid to accent with the roses and victoria flair with my dark wicker?

Answer
I think that would look fine Billye Jo.

Olive green and burgundy is a nice traditional colour scheme and goes well with dark furniture.

Are you concerned that the wicker will look too modern with the other accessories?

If so, then you could go for 'Victorian with a contemporary twist' by adding in a bit of extra colour to the walls (a rich, warm shade of rose pink on one wall for example) which might help you bridge the gap between the old and new styles.

Additionally, you could add a few sofa cushions in a fabric that includes olive and burgundy but in a modern rather than Victorian pattern.

Kind regards

Andrea  

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston