Decorating & Furniture/Need help with family room windows

Family room
Family room  
Hi:  I need help in what would be the best decorating solution for these windows and the door and the skylight.  Curtains, shades, or a combo of both and then what design is preferred.

i recommend installing rods inside the window and door jambs at top and bottom of each window and door. then add shear gathered fabric. this will allow for light and will not be in great contrast to the architecture of the room. as an option you could also boost the architectural appeal of the room by adding interior shutters to each of the window and door. with the skylight i would recommend painting the angled surfaces a light blue or whatever color you prefer as an accent in the room. remember there will be a slight glow of this color on the room. it could be very nice. if you want a color that will make folks look good in the space i would recommend something in the red or orange family to wash the room with nice warm light in the mostly white space. let me know if you would like other options.  

Decorating & Furniture

kevin sawyers

can answer questions relating to general design in interior design, color is a strong suite, graphics, brand....etc.

ba degree in interior architecture and 10 yrs of work related experience in interior graphics/branding as related and in collaboration with interior design. mostly corporate

former member of AIGA (american institute of graphic designers)

ba in interior architecture

multiple publications have shown my work. architectural record, honorable mention in how magizine international design competition 2007

IBM, Allsteel, USAA, Children's Hospital of Orange County, Apple Computer