Decorating & Furniture/New Bathroom color/drapery

Question
Hi Ben, I have newly remodeled(not quite done yet)7ft by 9 ft. tubshwr on the left going in. 36" marble top vanity on thr rt. Coming  straight in is the 48" by 50" window,,facing you.I have white bead board 48" on thebottom of walls and thinking of painting the top either celery green or putty.Althought there is little lite from that window. What kind of window dressing? And color for walls and the the curtain or topper? I also need a privacy blind or roll up, but don't want to block the lite. Thank you, Loiws  

Answer
Lois,

Thanks for writing.

To start, I love the idea of the celery green. Every one of my clients that use that color end up loving it! It is fresh! I would suggest a top-down-bottom-up honey cone shade in white. These can be customized to your window and found at most large home imporvement stores. As far as a valance, you may want to get something in a fun pattern with the celery green in it. To keep from shrinking the window and blocking out more light, I suggest mounting the rod about 12" above the window to create a fack space. It will look like the window is starting 12" above where it really is.

Good luck.

Ben

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell