Decorating & Furniture/Nursery

I am going with a teddy bear theme with dark pink accents in my daughter's nursery. I am painting the top of the walls with a tan, and the bottom with a rich milk chocolate. I need to repaint my old white baby furniture. What color would you suggest for the furniture?  I was thinking either a light tan or darker chocolate. Thanks!

Hi Nicky

I can't help but think that the overall effect would be very dark if you add another shade of brown to the dark pink, tan and chocolate that you already have.

Personally I think I would lighten it with something more like a creamy white chocolate - Behr do one called Vanilla Milkshake which would be good.

I recently decorated my daughter's room with a black and white theme with bright pink accents.  I painted some old wooden furniture with shiny black paint which I thought looked great.  With hindsight though I think it was a mistake.  The smallest thing seems to scratch the paint off leaving a very obvious mark and within 5 minutes of dusting, a new layer of dust seems to have settled.  In future I will steer clear of painting furniture dark colours.

Kind regards,

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit