Decorating & Furniture/Nursery

Question
I am going with a teddy bear theme with dark pink accents in my daughter's nursery. I am painting the top of the walls with a tan, and the bottom with a rich milk chocolate. I need to repaint my old white baby furniture. What color would you suggest for the furniture?  I was thinking either a light tan or darker chocolate. Thanks!

Answer
Hi Nicky

I can't help but think that the overall effect would be very dark if you add another shade of brown to the dark pink, tan and chocolate that you already have.

Personally I think I would lighten it with something more like a creamy white chocolate - Behr do one called Vanilla Milkshake which would be good.

I recently decorated my daughter's room with a black and white theme with bright pink accents.  I painted some old wooden furniture with shiny black paint which I thought looked great.  With hindsight though I think it was a mistake.  The smallest thing seems to scratch the paint off leaving a very obvious mark and within 5 minutes of dusting, a new layer of dust seems to have settled.  In future I will steer clear of painting furniture dark colours.

Kind regards,

Andrea

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston