Decorating & Furniture/Office colors with Espresso furniture

I have a 12 x 12 office with off-white frieze carpet and the walls painted in Duron's "Baby's Breath" (a tan-ish color). The office has Espresso furniture (desk, credenza and file cabinet). The trim color around the door, baseboard and window is white. I'm looking for a striking look. I noticed in a previous question you suggested an "icy blue" with espresso furniture. If the "icy blue" is a good option for my office, could you provide me with the name(s) and manufacturers so I know what shade I'm looking at when viewing the paint sample cards. Thanks.

There are several shades of "icy blue", but my favorites are Behr's Tender Twighlight or Pacific Panorama.  Both have a bit more "purple" in them, and go great with dark brown.  If your office walls are white or off-white (tanish) you may need to opt for a bolder color like a shade of red, or a neon shade of either yellow or green.  The walls and the furniture are high contrast, so for punch you need something totally surprising.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology