Decorating & Furniture/Old world plaster look

I am trying to get the Old world plaster look somewhat like the Venetian plaster look but using joint compound instead. The man that showed me his work in a town 2 hours from where I live is now nowhere to be found and I have questions on the instructions he gave me. Can you help?
Signed anxious to get started.  

Yes.  Visit this website:  There you will find various methods of texturing and faux finishing your walls.  The site used to offer step-by-step instruction; I'm assuming they still do.

If all else fails, write me back with his instructions (to the point that you have them) and I'll try to help.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology