Decorating & Furniture/Open Floor Plan

Question
We recently bought new home with entry into dining room, followed by kitchen and then living room.  You can see all three rooms upon entering.  Rooms separated by half-wall (dining/kitchen) and then a bar height wall from kit to living room.  Floors in DR and KIT are ceramic earth tone, and the carpeting in LR in a taupe.  Our furniture is neutral in the earth tones.  I love the harvesty colors (gold, chocolate, terra cotta).  I would like to the paint for the three rooms to flow nicely, but not the same color.
I have been successful in the past with choosing colors, but this has really stumped me.  Windows in the DR area and then a patio door in LR.  No window in kitchen area.  LONG AND NARROW plan!  
Thank you for any advice you can give.

Answer
Kathy,

Go to your favorite paint supplier and pull some sample cards of paint colors that appeal to you.  Once you've done that, select 3 shades from one card and you'll have 3 coordinating colors for 3 rooms.  

All colors on that color sample originate from the same color source, so you know they'll match.

I personally like your gold, chocolate and terra cotta combination.  Sounds like a winner to me, and that would save you a trip for color samples.

Hope this helps you.
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik