Decorating & Furniture/Outdoor "hanging" bed....

Question
I saw an article about decorating a porch.  It featured a double bed that was suspended from the ceiling of the porch w/chains. It looked like the most relaxing thing I have ever seen!

Anyway, I lost the article and was wondering if you have ever heard of this type bed... to purchase or how to make it?  It would probably be fairly easy to make, but buying it (if available) would be oh so much better!

Thanks a bunch!
Christy

Answer
Hi Christy,

You're right - it would be awesome to buy one.  The bad news is that I've never seen one advertised anywhere, although I do know of a few creative types who recycled their twin beds in this manner.  They made a simple "slatted slab" out of MDF, drilled holes in 4 corners and secured it with chain (like a porch swing) attaching it to the cross beams of the porch via rings.  

If you do this, make sure you have the proper support above, a good roof overhead and enjoy the summer nights outdoors!

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik