Decorating & Furniture/PAINT COLOR

Question
IAM INTERESED IN PAINTING MY LIVING AND DINING/KITCHEN AREA!IT IS ALL OPEN TO EACH OTHER DOWN THE BACKSIDE OF THE HOME.THE ROOM HAS LOW VAULTED CEILIGS WITH WHITE POPCORN CEILINGS.I WOULD LIKE TO PAINT THE AREAS A BOLD,DARKER COLOR.THE ROOMS AREN'T THAT WIDE. WILL THE DARKER COLOR MAKE THE ROOMS LOOK SMALLER OR NARROWER? YOUR HELP WITH THIS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

Answer
Dear Dusty Slauson,
 If you were to paint opposite sides of the wall a dark color then it is going to feel more narrower. I would keep the white ceilings and try to keep the floor a light color as well. This will make the space feel more open. When you use a change of color or colors at adjacent walls it tends to get away from a box like feeling. Try using multiple shades of one color, to give it a monochromatic look. This will also break up the space and make it feel more open.

If you need help deciding on a colors, I am more than happy to help you out.

Rachel Mallon
RMdecor
http://www.geocities.com/rminteriordecor

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID