Decorating & Furniture/Pain colors

Question
I want to paint my son's room who is 10 years old.  we just bought the house and there is a forest green rug in his room.  the rug is only 1 year old and i would rather not pull it up.  what color can i paint the walls to go with the rug?

Answer
Thanks for writing and for your question.  Forest green is a wonderful neutral color and most every other color will coordinate with it.  Depending on your 10 year old's interests, you may want to pair the green carpet with a color that coordinates with his interests.  If you want something neutral, use a modest taupe (Glidden's Toasty Grey is my favorite).  Since green is an earthy color, it works well with all shades of red (it's color opposite) including terra cotta, nutmeg and other spicey shades.  You can use a medium blue hue, creating a very "cool" atmosphere or you can use a lighter shade of green for a monochromatic (overall one-color) look.  Forest green can be successfully paired with all the autumnal colors and with pale yellow.

Jenny

PS:  I always encourage parents to ask their kids what color they'd like.  You may be surprised.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik