Decorating & Furniture/Paint

Question
We are buying a new home.  The wall color throughout the house is Kelly Moore's "Graystone" which is a light khaki.  The wood work throughout is Kelly Moore's "Bone."  However, I painted my little girls room a light shade of pink.  It looks horrible with the "bone."  Her bedding is pink, blue and white patchwork.  So, I don't think the bedding would look good if her walls matched the rest of the house.  I guess my question is...Can I paint the woodwork just in her room to look better with the pink?  Is it OK if the color of the woodwork is different than the rest of the house?     Thank you!!!

Answer
Thanks for your question.  Usually all built-in woodwork is the same throughout the home, but in this particular case, I'd either darken the pink or paint the trim a bright white.  As long as it is the same within the room, it's OK.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik