Decorating & Furniture/Paint

Hi Rachel,

I'm in the process of redecorating my home right now I'm starting in my living room. My living room is 10x14 and my back wall runs into my kitchen. My problems is, I've decided on a sage green color for my walls in my living, but I don't want to use this color in my kitchen can you please help me end my living room color so that I can start fresh in my kitchen without it looking shabby? Any suggestion will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Dear Liz Robinson,
    I dont think I quite understand. Can you explain your living room layout a little more. Please give me details on your space by going clockwise around the room . From what you have wrote I can only suggest possibly going a lighter shade of sage in the kitchen or doing the kitchen wall one color even if it goes through the living room. This will help flow the rooms together but still making its own space. If you would like to send pictures for more information please send them to Good luck.

Rachel Mallon

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book