Decorating & Furniture/Paint

QUESTION: I recently painted my living room sherwin williams midday color and it came out very mustard yellowish.  I have brown funiture and it doesn't look right.  What colors look good with this wall color.

ANSWER: Hi Mandi,
if you want to improve your present wallYou may add a shade of white on it. Mustard and white look good so in this case the darkness of mustard will be over shadowed by the brightness of white so your furniture will also brighten up.

A tip: On the wall paint a rectangle in the center of the wal land you can use this area to hang your painting or photographs so it will look like a design and cover up things for you.

Otherwise if you want to change the furniture then use some cream colored furniture. things will come out good then.

Take Care

QUESTION: Okay so do I have to use a primer over the bright mustard color first before adding the white.  This sounds like a great idea.  What about a cream color could I do a cream instead of a white >

Hi Mandi,
Good that you liked the idea. Well I would say if the wall is freshely painted and scrubbiing is not required then dont put the primer else you may use it, and use white instead of cream. Because white would be the best contrast for mustard, cream may make the wall look a bit dull. Use good lighting in the room.

Please revert back incase of any other doubt.

Take Care

Decorating & Furniture

Sarthak Bartaria

Ask me anything that concerns the way you should design the interiors so that that they improve the ambience of your house. I can very well help you out with the ways you should use those furnitures which you thought were useless. Ask me before throwing anything from your house, may be I can help you use it better

I am in this business since past 3 years in Mumbai, India. I have a personal firm where we help people with the interior decorations of their house and offices.

Dimploma in Interior Designing from the National Institute of Designing