Decorating & Furniture/Paint Color

Question
I am about to paint my medium size Master Bath. I have  all white cabinet, white trim and ceiling. I am interested in bringing a lake cottage effect to this bathroom. I have yellows and taupe throughout my house. I was interested in Robin egg blue. Most of these blues are too cool.The bedroom off the master bath is Taupe and lavender. I need ideas for I want to do this only once. Can you help. I can attach a picture of the current bathroom if needed.

Answer
Hi Anna,

Thanks for writing me and for your question about paint.  As blues go, Robin's egg blue is very dramatic.  It's a "strong" blue, and perhaps a bit out of character with the other colors you have in the adjacent spaces.  

I'd recommend that you use a medium shade of "baby blue" - more sky-like than egg-like, and a better mix in your particular situation. Some blues tend to have more or a lavender shade, and you'll probably be most happy with one of those.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik