Decorating & Furniture/Paint color

How do I pick the right paint color for a dining room?  My china has a silver rim and I would like something that would complement the china and also make a warm welcoming room.  Thanks you for your help!  

Dear Kathy Daly,
    When painting a dining room you can go darker because eating does not require alot of light. Unless you are using it for reading or doing paperwork then I would choose a medium to dark color. What types and colors are your finishes (wood, metal, etc.)Do you have existing colors in the room? Please email me more information if you would like to see room examples with different color options.

Thank You,
Rachel Mallon

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book