Decorating & Furniture/Paint color/window covering

Question
I have a spare bedroom which is 11' by 9 1/2' that I am turning into an office. My desk and cabinet are light brown and the top is a dark grey .I am going to set up a fish tank which has a black wood stand with doors. My question is what color or colors should I paint the walls to make it an inviting place to be and a work place for myself and my young teenage kids? Should I go with one color or a couple of colors? I do not want anything too dark. I also have a window which I am also wondering what kind of cover to put on it. I would like to do this as inexpensive as I can. Any suggestions? Thank-you.  

Answer
Please go to link below for designs of your space.
http://rmdecor.tripod.com/colleen.htm

Dear Colleen,
    I think a light neutral blue color would look great with your wood and the dark gray. I would choose a plaid that has this blue with gray and black. I think the plaid gives it an office feeling and I like simple drapes on a rod, it looks nice in home offices. Hope this helps, and please let me know if you would like to see something different.

Rachel Mallon
RMdecor
rminteriordecor@yahoo.com

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID