Decorating & Furniture/Paint colors

I have Light green furniture modern with dark wood legs that show a little at the bottom and a bay window in my small but quaint sitting room. What paint color should I go with?  The room is probably 11x10 approx.  and the carpet is a light beige, the color of the sofa and chairs I would say is a sea green light in color. Also how many colors should you mix together and what type of curtains or window coverings do you suggest for the bay window which is one double window in the center and two windows on each side going from the ceiling to about 2 feet from the floor.  I want it to be a room that is comfortable a place to relax and read maybe.  Just warm and welcoming but also have style and a wow factor.  I like traditional style but also like transitional and some modern.  The furniture is somewhat modern looking with high arms on the sofa and chairs.
Thanks for your help!

Dear Dana,
  I am sorry it has taken me this long to respond. Been really busy. Here is the link to the design I have made for you.

I think you should paint a darker shade for the walls so the green stands out more and makes a statement. I would use a light neutral for drapery and other decorative accessories to keep it clean looking with your modern furniture. I also would add some stainless steel and glass decor. From what you have explained in your style preferences I thought that the new Williams Sonoma Home style would go with what you are looking for. I chose two round stainless mirrors to give it a subtle nautical look that blends well with the colors. If you would like to see something different than please send more info and pics if possible to for a second consultation.
For more information go to

Hope this helps.
Rachel Mallon

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book