Decorating & Furniture/Paint colour

Hi Jenny:

I wanted to get your opinion and advice on a paint colour I've chosen for our livingroom/dining room area (or if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them).  The house is a Victorian home which we are in the process of restoring.  As you can well imagine the ceilings are very high and there are beautiful moldings on the ceilings and trim throughout the house.  The wood trim around windows and doors and also the baseboards have all been stripped and stained in a dark brown stain and the fabric on the dining room set chairs have gold (thats the primary colour in the chairs), hint of rose tones, hint of green tones.  The wood on the buffet and dining room set are dark brown stain also.  We had two chairs reupholstered in a mossy shade of green and we haven't bought the new couch just yet. The floors will be hardwood. I was thinking of picking a green for the walls (a suttle soft shade of green of course because of the dark trim around the doors and windows.)  What do you think of my choice?  My idea was to try and stay with gold and green shades in those two rooms.  Or should I go more neutral and just do creams and gold tones. What would you suggest.  I have pictures of the diningroom/living room if you wanted to have a look at those you could e-mail me and I'll send them to you.  Thanks very much Jenny.  

By all means, go with the green; it will be outstanding.  I'd incorporate some cranberry to aubergine shade as an accent - nothing Christmas red, but muted as the green should be.  That will be beautiful with cream and gold if you want to use that elsewhere.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology