Decorating & Furniture/Paint colour

Question
We are moving into a new house.  The living room /dining room floors are a dark chocolate brown hardwood.  Our sofas are also a dark brown leather.  Our dining room furniture is a lighter shade of brown.  We have been told to paint the walls a taupe colour but which shade of taupe?  Yellowish?  Pinkish?  Greeninsh?  Greyish?  Etc?  A light shade?  Dark shade?  Etc.?  We would REALLY appreciate your help.  The room is about 335 square feet with bay windows at each end but is north / south facing.

Thanks so much for your time.

Answer
Faye,

Thanks for writing.

If you are going with a taupe color, I would pick a cream based taupe to try the brown tones in the best. Go with a light to medium shade of taupe.

Sence you have so much brown in the space, you may consider a color on the walls too. Try a pale pastel sky blue, mustard yellow, medium grey, or olive green to give the room a rich look and to show off the furniture and give deffinition between the floors, furniture, and walls.

Good luck.

Ben

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell