Decorating & Furniture/Painted Furniture?

We recently painted our 12 year old's room by his request and choice of color scheme.  He has light tan walls and obtained navy blue, white and tan new comforters.  He has a full bed on bottom and twin on top.  My husband built a cabinet for storage and a desk.  He has a medium brown dresser and the same color for bed frame.  What color would we paint the storage cabinet and desk?  I was thinking of doing the same as the walls?  Our trim is all white high gloss and he has white wood blinds.

Here's the answer...if you want the desk and storage cabinet to visually disappear (thus giving more visual space in the room) then paint it the same color as the walls.  If you want the desk and storage cabinet to be more dominant in the space, paint it white to match the trim.  Either way, it will look super.  Thanks for writing.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology